Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Paparazzi In Me


It isn't every day that I have the time or the interest in trying to get a celebrity image. I really feel like they should have the opportunity to go about their day like any of us common folk. Last night I found myself in the surreal world of acting like a trained paparazzi. I guess that isn't totally true since the celebrity was here with a purpose and wanted to be seen and was very friendly to everyone who showed up at the premiere of her new movie. I won't bore you with the very childish title. These people know just when to look at you and how to look at you to make a great shot. Their whole self importance is determined by how many frames are clicked off as they walk by. I had missed the early media time and found myself smack in the middle of the situation with a less than perfect set up of equipment since I had been shooting indoor basketball I had my camera with me as I came upon the scene. (side note- I am reminded every day I should carry some sort of camera with me, I missed a truck exploding the other day since I drove by as the whole thing became a ball of fire, no camera on hand). It was really a funny experience and can't imagine having to do this type of photography all the time but who knows when I will find myself with a willing celebrity and the crowd numbers in my favor so I happily snapped a few frames. I can also say the said celebrity could not have been nicer to everyone there and took time with people who had lined up to see her. You know the old saying that they are prettier in real life is accurate in this case.

No comments: