Saturday, June 7, 2008

Simpler Times


Gas prices may be the reason but whatever it is I am desiring to go back to simpler times when we weren't connected 24/7 to our computers, cell phones, tivo etc. Times when we weren't scheduled every minute of the day. Times when weekends were really for relaxing and catching up with friends and not working Saturday and Sunday. I have noticed more kids riding their bikes, which is refreshing and probably mandated by mom who is tired of paying for gas and driving kids all day long to their friends' houses. My family knows I threaten daily to move to the country so when I drove along the country road yesterday I was amazed that there are still these simple Post Offices in small towns, it was closed but I would assume there is some general store items in there to. If you ever find yourself in Hye, Texas stop by and tell them I sent you.

No comments: