Saturday, May 2, 2009

Living in the Country


I often refer to the location of our home as living in the country and there is a reason for that. We actually live smack dab in the middle of the big city but our block was one of the last blocks developed and the house across the street was one of the last houses to be built in our block. The family that owned all the land in our block actually use to own all of the land as far as the eye can see in all directions. The son that owned all of our block kept the two lots next to his house until the late 70's early 80's. I grew up just a few blocks away but always felt like the block I currently live in was in the country. Well today after a huge rain storm blew through I looked out my front window to find this beautiful creature trying to find worms in our yard. It is a yellow crowned night heron. Not sure where it came from but it made my day.

No comments: