Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Break

Not that anyone noticed but I took a few days off figuring a few days of silence from me would do you all good. A quick review, we celebrated my baby girl's 18th birthday, watched a lot of sports with one underdog winning a big game and only went to one meeting.

I also had an interesting thing happen, not sure that is the best way to try to explain it but something came to me over the weekend but here it is. I had another epiphany! Life is a funny thing and what goes around really does come around. What am I trying to say?? Well it came to my attention that when my daughter goes on a weekend trip I am counting on her emergency contact, should she need anything, being a boy who is a close family friend that I use to step in and help with when his mother needed help. For example, the day his mother was making arrangements for her mother's funeral he had driver's ed class. Anyone who has ever dealt with driver's ed class knows to miss a class complicates the whole license process so I stepped in and picked him up. Flash forward how many tens of years and he is now my safety net when any of us go to the town in which he now lives. Really weird but he is all grown up, responsible and has a job, that in its self is quite an accomplishment these days. As much as I hate to admit it but I am coming to understand that it really does take a village to raise kids and having friends and family you can count on to help you along the way is amazing.

I leave you with this photo I snapped over the weekend. Please know that despite the nice warm looking image the temperatures were near freezing, at least a fountain I drove by was frozen which was enough proof to me it was cold.

No comments: