Saturday, May 31, 2008

Seeing Beauty All Around


Today is officially the first day of summer! I found myself left all alone while everyone else was off enjoying the sunshine. I decided to wonder off myself and I challenged myself to see the world around me differently. To my surprise my first discovery was a tiedye shirt left hanging over the creek with no one in sight. I began to look at nature for its beauty. What I found was the sun creeping through the tree tops, a pair of ducks nesting, mossy ick under streaming water which actually was very pretty when you stopped and really looked at the moss instead of smelling it. As I was walking along a path I heard a rustling in the bushes, thinking it was a bird I glanced into the under brush only to find a beautiful lizard showing off his stuff. So I challenge you to stop and enjoy the world around you, see the ordinary in a different light and it becomes extraordinary.

No comments: