Sunday, February 15, 2009

Back View

Ever have one of those days you just know people are looking at your backside? The lady in this frame speaks to me, don't know why. Perhaps because she has the best view of this reflection pool that leads to a lake on her left and all she has to do all day is sit there. Or maybe because while she sits there enjoying the view, oblivious to everyone walking around her, she is actually flashing a flattened out rearend. Haven't we all been there! I once had someone send me a photo of myself working on the sideline of a football game. Fortunately for me it was out of focus but you could still see my wide backend in what I thought were some awfully cute khaki shorts. Needless to say I burned them soon after viewing the photo. Seriously why would you take a photo of someone's backend? It became very clear to me that my backend needed some work and in the meantime I would limit the view to my backend as much as possible.

Side note: An astute eye will notice the distortion of this photo, where the parrallel sides of the "frame" around our big bottomed lady are not perfectly lined up, that is actually the distortion from the wide angle lens. I kind of like it but am aware of its shortcomings when working with actual people.

No comments: