Monday, February 9, 2009

Chipping Away


Paint tends to chip away over time and for some odd reason the old rod iron that use to adorn our front porch sits in the garden. I think I know why it is in the garden but honestly I don't remember exactly why. I believe it originally was placed upright in the garden for plants to use as they grew up and could twist the new growth through the openings and hold on. Why there is green paint over the original cream paint, is still a mystery. Looks like a school painting project went awry at some point. Never the less, the poor thing fell to the ground years ago, fortunately not hitting any of the what use to be little people that use to play in the backyard. A lot of "use to" in that sentence as now the dog owns the backyard and has destroyed everything except a few rose plants that have also taken over the fence. I desperately need a rose lover to come help me get them back under control. With all that has occurred in the backyard, the rain, snow, sleet, heat, kids and dog it has taken nearly 15 years for the paint to chip and crack but it is still mostly in place. I am hopeful that I hold up over the years as well as the paint job on this long forgotten old rod iron.

No comments: