Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Practicality

Anyone who knows me, knows I love my tennis shoes. I have a size 2 D foot, so needless to say my balance is suspect and tennis shoes are a no brainer for me. This photo makes me scratch my head and wonder out loud. It was taken at a walk-a-thon to raise money for a fellow student who needed a medical procedure and a donor of sorts. Kids walked for over two hours around the track, some ran. This child preferred to wear flip flops instead of nice cushy tennies. If I walked for a little bit in this kind of shoes (can we really call these shoes?), first I would trip since my feet don't work in flip flops, then my calves would begin to ache from shin splints and then I would sit down and complain. Not this chick, she kept walking in her stylish flip flops as all her classmates were zipping around her in more suitable shoes. All in a day of being stylish and functional and mission accomplished the classmate did get the procedure.

No comments: