Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ignorance Is Bliss

Going through each day without much thought is so easy, never really stopping to think of others in our daily rush as our day zips by turning into night. Today I share with you one of my favorite photos I took years ago. I did use a tripod and put some thought into how to achieve the photo I imagined in my mind but honestly it was pretty much dumb luck without a lot of effort. I live literally one block from this statue but never noticed it until one night when I turned the corner and there it was, sitting bathed in light under a starry night. One of the most beautiful things I had ever seen sitting just one block from home. The irony here is that it sits on the corner of a small park which many people walk through every day and probably never realize the park is really a memorial to neighborhood children who have moved on to heaven leaving a grief stricken family behind. The walkway is lined with bricks engraved with names of children whose lives have been cut short for some unimaginable reason. Ignorance is bliss to most people who walk through this beautiful little park, I still find it hard to walk through the park without being sad despite being surrounded by the park's beauty.

No comments: