Friday, February 13, 2009

Runway Day


No, no I didn't strut my stuff on the runway but I did attend a luncheon and fashion show benefitting The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I was shocked to learn a gal I know but hadn't seen in a while (different neighborhoods, activities etc.) had passed away two weeks ago. After that news wore off a gentleman that has a daily battle with a chronic version of blood cancer discussed his current fight with the cancer after beating it round one and having a clean bill of health for about six years. If that doesn't get to you then my hero for the day, a young lady who plans on being a pediatric oncologist spoke about her diagnosis at age 14. Do you remember being 14 or your kids being 14? I can not even imagine how fighting and beating this awful disease during your teenage years would affect everything in your life past, present and future. She stood before a packed ballroom to tell her story, let me tell you if you are having a self pity party today, get over it and take a long look in the mirror and be very grateful you had an ordinary day with no terrible surprises like these people did when they woke up one day like any other day only to find out their life would never be the same. Afterwards some of the top models in our here parts did actually strut their stuff. I am including a couple of photos to brighten your day and to remind you to partake in your upcoming Valentines' Day chocolates with some self discipline so you too can strut your stuff if you get a call from Top Model.





No comments: