Monday, February 16, 2009

Night View


This church has some of the most beautiful stained glass and I always think I will stop and get a night shot of the front. Year after year I mean to and this year is not different. The problem is that it is cold and I can be a wimp when it is cold outside. I wear jackets almost every month except the ones that have temperatures above 80. Just don't do well in cold, then the problem becomes the leaves on the surrounding trees block the view of the glass in warm weather. I was actually about an hour late to get the shot I wanted but figured I would share anyway and admit to still not getting the shot I was after. I experience a sense of mystery as I took this considering I was laying on my belly in plain view of every car that drove by. I tried a couple of different exposures and this one is not what I was after but will have to do until I can go back and do it properly about an hour earlier. For what it is worth it was dark and the long exposure allowed the lamps by the doorway to overpower the window which I what I was after. Had I been there earlier the sky would have shown up for the pary and the lights would not be so prominent. The lovely green tint across the top is from the awful tree lights. Again earlier would have kept the green away too. This is why planning is so important, this was more of whim.

No comments: