Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bouncing Light

I love the fact that light bounces all over the place. Often it isn't really obvious but light bounces and shows up in the strangest places. I was fascinated at a late afternoon football game as it appeared that there was a spot light shining on the person standing right on the 50 yard line. Weird since the sun was setting behind him but then I realized the setting sun(west end) had hit a white sign at the opposite end of the field(east end) and was bouncing back (towards the west), landing directly on the spot where the 5o yard line met the sideline. With that mentality I was entertained one day at the park as I realized the underside of a bridge had light bouncing back up onto it from the water. Light can be a powerful thing, put it to work for you.

No comments: