Saturday, January 24, 2009

Nothing


Today is all about Nothing. I woke up today with big plans and expectations. That all changed with the sound of a door closing. Almost symbolic, the door closed as if the door was closed on all my plans for the day. What entered through the doorway was one sick puppy and I don't mean a dog. This was my 24hours of doing whatever but it became my day of being part nurse. Still not sure what has hit here but when someone goes to bed and stays there all day with no interest in tv, you know it's bad. So instead of all the cleaning and organizing and whatever I had planned, here I sit typing a bunch of jibberish about nothing. All is not lost I will leave you with something, just still not sure what that something will be... oh I found something to leave you with. I would like to know how in a vertical wall of stone and very old concrete, I swear this wall was part of the works program from FDR's day, sounds a little familiar actually if you go back and read the history. Short version, economy was crashing, banks were struggling, jobs were scarce and in comes new president who created jobs, basically buiding things and I think a lot of the parks around us have buildings that were part of this work program. Which brings me to my How question, if these stones have been around since then (1930's) and the concrete has withstood the test of time, how did this little plant find a place to grow and sustain itself in a vertical wall five feet above the creek?


No comments: