Thursday, January 15, 2009

Share Your Joy


Meetings, meetings, meetings all day long so I leave you with one of my favorite images from this summer. I was trying out a new lens which was on loan from my friend Jack. If every day gave me an opportunity to photograph things around me I would be one happy gal! Life tends to get in the way but I plan on staying on top of this blog. Oh who am I kidding?
I would like to share a story with you though. I have this friend who is very unique and southern. Who can resist southern hospitality. She told a story about attempting to try to live her life with a more positive attitude and not to get sucked into negativity. I am paraphrasing but I have to admit to trying something more regularly around my house and it works! In her case she decided to do something nice once a week for a total stranger. She said she wakes up every Monday full of excitement to see who's life she will try to bring happiness to. One week it was the girl helping her with her shopping at a store; she overheard the girl saying she didn't get breakfast and had no money for lunch. My friend brought the girl's lunch. The next week she made brownies for this man who parked her car. He never smiled and was always grumpy. He wasn't a stranger but she did it anyway and when she told him she made the brownies just for him, he couldn't believe it. Turned out he took care of his granddaughter and now he could give her dessert after dinner. The next time she saw him he moonwalked over to her car and had the biggest smile on his face. Just once, do something nice for someone around you, either someone you know or maybe you don't know but put a smile on someone's face and you will feel good about it guaranteed! I try to treat everyone I come across with respect and kindness. I have met some of the most amazing people just by saying hi to them. Of course I have a problem not speaking so anyone who knows me will tell you I like to talk! So I challenge you to put a smile on someone's face.


No comments: