Sunday, January 11, 2009

Things You Never Notice

I had to make a run to the airport to collect my Fiesta Bowl attendees last week. Our small airport like every other airport in the world makes it a little tricky to pick up arriving people . I do not like to be late and had some other business near the airport as a result I ended up heading into the airport traffic early to meet the travelers. Rather than circle the airport for what would have been thirty minutes I parked in a little semi-circle parking area. I have been to this airport hundreds of times since I was a little girl but never really noticed this particular statue that has been there since the 60's. The sun was beginning to drop in the sky so I took some shots, then waited for more directional light to help define the finer parts of the sculpture. Finally the light was just right and would quickly disappear as the sun dropped lower but I captured this shot and then converted it into black and white. What do you think?

No comments: