Thursday, January 22, 2009

What's Wrong With This Photo?

The first thing some folks might say is that it is out of focus, which isn't really accurate. I intended for only the cat's head to be in focus and for the rest of her to be lost in the grass, softly blurring away. If you said that the cat isn't centered, well that would be wrong also since the cat isn't suppose to be dead center, that would be boring. The real problem with this photo that really gets to me is that the cat is looking out of frame, in other words the cat's gaze out of the frame also takes the viewer's eye straight out of the frame. Too bad because I really like the way the focus works on this photo but those eyes are killing the photo. Better planning next time I suppose, I won't even go into how fast this cat moves and never sits still (am I winning any sympathy yet?).

No comments: