Thursday, January 8, 2009

City Life


Well things have been crazy again but I am coming up for air and wanted to share one of my favorite shots from last fall. This photo screams to me, City Life. I love the black and white look that gives it more of a timeless feel. Without the context of where it was taken you would take this for some graffitti covered area of town. In actuality it is located in the middle of a beautiful park and these pipes are known by all generations of our little burb, since almost everyone at one time or another has traveled through them and ended up on the other end of town. I will admit to being terribly afraid of rats, snacks, possoms, raccoons... come to think of it any wildlife that dwells in the underworld so I never did this but, my husband used the underground pipes to go all over the neighborhood when he was growing up. Perhaps I will share some of his wild tales of his youth here with you soon.

No comments: