Friday, January 23, 2009

Reflections

I found myself with a few minutes of idle time and a creek so I made the most of the situation and began to think as I made some photographs. I caught some decent reflections of trees around the creek and thought about the fact that we never see ourselves as others see us. In other words the only way we can see what we look like is from a photo or a reflection. Reflections are not always accurate and I honestly feel that the camera doesn't always tell the truth. Depending on a lot of factors the same person may not look anything like the real deal in a photo. I won't even go into the post processing that can alter a person's appearance. Reflections can deliver a myriad of different looks and they are not always positive reflections. How odd it is that we see the whole world with our eyes but will never see our own face, which is what we are instantly recognized by.

No comments: